The Highlands Community League operates without the purpose of gain for its members and any profits or other accretions to the Society shall only be used in promoting its objectives. No part of the income, profits or accretions of the Society is payable to or otherwise available for the personal benefit of any proprietor, affiliate or member of the Society.
The Community League strives to:
- Promote the interests of the City of Edmonton as a whole and in particular the interests of the Community served by the Society and the interests of its residents.
- Provide for the recreation of the members and to promote and afford opportunity for friendly and social interactions.
- Act with a charitable presence to support the Community and undertake charitable initiatives and supporting charities outside of the League.
- Promote programs, exercises and events for members of the community.
- Encourage and promote sport activities for the children and youth of the community.
- Demonstrate a non-political and non-partisan bias.
- Provide and maintain all necessary buildings for the use by the community.
- Borrow or raise or secure the payment of money in such manner for the purpose of supporting the Society objectives.
Highlands Community League Bylaws 2015 HCL Approved Bylaws – May 2015
Monthly Board Meetings
2nd Tuesday of Every Month, 7 pm.
Highlands Community Hall
All Highlands residents are welcome to attend and listen to the discussion.
Meetings do not typically take place in July and December.
We are always looking for people interested in getting involved in the league. Learn more about Board Roles.
Archived minutes are available for public viewing. To view these documents, please email email@example.com
Casino – Nykie Starr
Civic Affairs – Mathieu Lefebvre (committee)
Communications – Leanne Stroh (committee)
Membership & Volunteers – Sara Bevan
Programs – Audrey Hayward
Social & Events – James Schutz (committee)
The Highlands Community League is looking for enthusiastic general volunteers to help with an event, join a committee or join the board. If you would like to become more involved, come to a monthly board meeting or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org For committees, please contact the director via email (see above)