2018 Outdoor Soccer Registration
The outdoor soccer season begins May 1 and runs to the end of June (weather permitting).
There are two parts to the player registration process:
- Online registration: from February 1 to March 26 on the EMSA North website
- Community registration, where you will pay fees and complete the registration process.
Community registration sessions are at the Highlands Community Hall (6112 113 Ave) on the following dates:
- February 26 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm
- March 3 from 11:00 amto 1:00 pm
- March 7 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Please bring the following:
- A copy of your 2017–2018 Community League Membership (this is required but can be purchased at registration).
- Proof of player’s age and address.
- Registration fees payable by cash, cheque or proof of online payment (see chart below or visit the EMSA North site).
- A $100 refundable volunteer deposit cheque.
***You must attend a community registration session to complete the player registration process. Any registrations not completed by March 26 will be subject to a $75 late fee.
Please note the following:
- The Highlands community registration process is only for those living in the Highlands community. If you want to play for Highlands but live in another community, please register in your home community through the EMSA North website and request a transfer online to Highlands.
- Registrations are considered on a first come, first served basis. If a team or age group does not have enough registered players or volunteer coaches they will be transferred to a neighboring community soccer program.
- Full refunds will be provided until April 9, 2018. A 50% refund will be provided between April 10 and the first game of season. No refunds will be provided after the first game of the season.
Each household is required to provide a volunteer commitment as part of the registration process. You can volunteer in a number of ways:
- Acting as a team official (coach, assistant coach or manager). Parents who volunteer as team officials are also given credit towards the registration fee for their child (or youngest child if siblings are registered).
- Helping with fall or snow clean up at the Highlands Community Hall (two hour shift).
- Helping with basic maintenance at the Highlands Community Hall (cleaning, organizing, etc).
- Working at the EMSA North office.
- Acting as field marshal an EMSA North soccer tournament, including city or provincial championships.
You will be able to select your volunteer commitment at the community registration sessions. If you decline to volunteer, your deposit will be cashed.
If you have any questions please contact Tyler Wightman, the Highlands Community Soccer Director, at email@example.com.